A gathering of the ar(c)t(ic) tribes II
Collaboration between TrAP, Nordland Fylkeskommune, RAM galleri, Rana Museum and The National Museum of Art, Architecture and Design
A gathering of the ar(c)t(ic) tribes II was a seminar on contemporary art, urban development and social change, focusing on art projects in public spaces. What happens when artists intervene directly in society? What is the connection between sustainability and art? Is it possible for art to be an agent for social change?
The industrial community of Mo i Rana served as the backdrop for this seminar. By inviting both Norwegian and international speakers, various approaches, traditions and completed projects are highlighted. The seminar targeted artists, architects, curators, art historians, employees at museums and art institutions, cultural managers, teachers and decision-makers within arts and culture.
Speakers and contributors:
- Eva Bakkeslett, artist/curator – seminar moderator, Steigen, Norway
- Marco Baravalle, curator/writer (S.a.L.E.-Docks/research fellow at m.a.c.lab, Ca’Foscari, University of Venice), Venice, Italy
- Hans-Petter Bjørnådal, architect, Bjørnådal Arkitektstudio, Mo i Rana, Norway
- Johanna Bratel, project manager for New Urban Topologies, Färgfabriken, Stockholm, Sweden
- Anne-Gro Erikstad, curator /project manager for LevArt, Levanger, Norway
- Sacha Kagan, theoretician/associate professor at University of Lüneburg, Lüneburg, Germany
- Hilde Methi, curator, Kirkenes, Norway
- Samir M’Kadmi, artist/curator, Oslo, Norway
- Alexander Nikolic, artist/curator/producer, “Verein Boem”, Vienna, Austria
- Madeleine Park, managing director, RAM galleri, Oslo, Norway
- Harald Rinde, historian/professor, University of Agder, Kristiansand, Norway
- Florian Schneider, film maker/author/curator and Head of Department at Trondheim Academy of Fine Art, Trondheim, Norway
- Ivar Smedstad, director, Atelier Nord, Oslo, Norway
- TOK-curators, Anna Bitkina and Maria Veits, curators, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Elena Trubina, professor of philosophy at Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg, Russia
- Raluca Voinea, curator /managing director, Tranzit, Bucharest, Romania
- Marius von der Fehr, artist/activist, Oslo, Norway
The seminar took place during the opening weekend for the exhibition In the National Museum's Blind Spot at Rana Museum.
Mo i Rana